Sony Mobile and Bell today announced the much talked about flagship water-resistant Android smartphone, Xperia Z will be launching exclusively on the Bell mobile network later this month. We have reviewed a few other Sony smartphones in the past, and overall they are getting better but the new Xperia Z does look exciting.
Sony is once again bringing back some of the same features we’ve seen on other Xperia devices such as their “WALKMAN,” which are album movie apps that allow the user to discover online and offline content, access to Sony’s 18 million music library.
This new device also comes with Battery STAMINA Mode, which can improve the standby time significantly by automatically shutting down battery-draining apps whenever the screen is off and starting them up again when the screen is back on.
Key features for Xperia Z
- 5” 1080 x 1920p full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 13MP Fast Capture camera with Exmor RS for mobile, HDR video, Superior Auto and Noise Reduction to effortlessly capture razor sharp pictures and videos in any conditions
- Water and dust resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass display
- 2. 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor with 2GB RAM
- Battery STAMINA mode improves standby time by at least 4 times
- Available in black, white and purple