Now that Simon Jennings and Postmedia Network are no more, his next step was to take some time off and plan the next move, but where could it be to? Simon is a sales guy with a very strong ability to lead and motivate a team. He’s built his career selling online advertising, from his days with DoubleClick (now owned by Google), to Yahoo Canada and then #1 employee at Olive Media which he built into one of the top online advertising networks in Canada. Then he took a leap and went for the Chief Revenue Officer job at PostMedia Network. PostMedia has not performed to what anyone had hoped it would yet, but Paul Godfrey and dilligently trying new initiatives to generate more growth.
So where could Simon Jennings to go next, well let’s take a quick look at the Canadian digital landscape and the various players:
- AOL Canada – Graham Moysey
- Facebook Canada – Jordan Banks
- Google Canada – Chris O’Neil
- Microsoft Canada – Owen Sagness
- Yahoo Canada – well they just do business “differently“
- LinkedIn Canada – Brian Church
- Twitter – won’t open a Canadian office until at least second quarter of 2013
- Foursquare – not ready for a Canadian presence, and not the enough advertising dollars flow through the social check in service
- Groupon – are they still in business?
Doesn’t look like there is much left, so our money is that he’s come back with a vengeance and launch his own company.