autoTRADER.ca announced a major update to its free mobile app for iPhone and iPad (iOS) devices. The app is designed to provide Canadians the functionality to find the right vehicle for them on the go as easily as possible and in fact, to date, over half a million Canadians have downloaded the existing autoTRADER.ca iOS app. Now enhanced, the app has been consistently awarded a 4.5 stars out of 5 rating, with users praising the speed, ease of use, locational intelligence and reliability of the app. Available via the Apple Appstore, over 50 per cent of users browse the cars for sale in the app every day. And with over eight thousand customer reviews, these enhancements have been created based on customers’ needs and feedback.
autoTRADER.ca is blazing a trail in the mobile industry, already welcoming as much as 20 per cent of its traffic via mobile or tablet devices, and the brand predicts this will only grow as Canadians become more and more reliant on their mobile devices.
“The goal of autoTRADER.ca’s mobile app is to provide Canadians with a new and ultra-convenient way to browse The Most Cars In One Place,” said Ian MacDonald, Director, Marketing. “Existing reviews show that we understand what the modern car buyer wants from an app, but now we are taking the experience a step further, based on feedback we have received via social channels such as twitter, and reviews in the Appstore itself.”
Consumers continue to have access to the largest automotive inventories in Canada, right from the palm of their hand. In addition to the user-friendly interface, that includes fast and easy browsing, proximity-based search, quick save and simple contact features, the app has been enhanced to include the following:
- Ad upload – making it easier than ever for people to list their car for free on autoTRADER, using the iOS camera, users can scan the VIN of their vehicle to pre-populate their ad details and then select photos from their device photo library. Without the hassle of transferring pictures from a camera to a computer, or searching around for the exact specs of a car, selling has never been easier.
- New vehicle categories, including Motorcycles, RVs, trucks, and more, making the app the complete one-stop shop for vehicle browsing.
- Enhanced filtering system including filter for ads with pictures only and ads with a price listed only, as well as filters for colour, mileage and more. So users can get to the search results they want, fast.
- An all-new map to show the sellers location (only for dealer locations, not for private sellers) making it easy to plan that route to go and see the car in person.
- All-new ‘Report Abuse’ link on all ads, so that the community of users can help keep things safe and efficient for everyone by reporting misleading ads, scam ads, miscategorised ads and duplicates.
- Sharing and feedback – it’s been made easier than ever for users to provide their feedback, by having links which launch an email pre-populated to be routed to our development team. Users can also now share a link to the app with their friends via an easy email button.