BCE Q1 2012 Earnings:
- BCE Q1 net earnings attributable to common shareholders of $574 million, up 14.1%
- Cash flows from operating activities up 63.2%, while free cash flow increases 23.4%
- Postpaid net activations of 62,576 reflect continued strong smartphone adoption with smartphone users now representing 52% of postpaid subscriber base
- Bell Fibe TV net activations of 33,443 bring total Fibe TV subscriber base to 120,000; Bell TV now serves more than 2.1 million customers across Canada
- BCE first in Canada to achieve significant Internet milestone of 3 million customers
- Competition Bureau completes review of Bell’s acquisition of ownership position in MLSE, confirms it has no plans to challenge
Bell has been on a spending spree over the last year, acquiring CTV to form Bell Media, partnership with Rogers to acquire MLSE and most recently Astral Media. With momentum like this BCE looks to having a very strong year. With momentum like this can anything stop them from taking the top spot over Rogers?