Brent Bernie, ComScore, moderator the “The Evolution of Metrics – Advertising Effectiveness in the Digital Space” session with:
- Chris Greenfield, President, Ipsos-ASI
- Ali Rana, Senior Vice-President, Head Scientist, Emerging Media Lab, Dynamic Logic
- Chris Williams, Senior Vice-President, Managing Director, Media Contacts Canada
Remain true to our ideas and open to the possibilities that digital can bring
Question – What metrics have been around for a while that are working as we look at effectiveness?
- We moved from hits on the site, clients quickly realized this doesn’t mean impressions. Now we look at how the consumer engages on your site.
Question – Do clients want integrated measurement?
- Yes – they are frustrated as they don’t have a concise view of what the customer is doing
- We need better tools to figure out how to play the game better
- Some clients are focused on the ‘next shiny thing’ versus what is actually suitable for their brand
Question – What is the most important question to ask?
- How many people saw my ad?
- What is having the most brand impact?