AOL Canada continues its growth curve to becoming a strong internet property, with their restructuring of their editorial side of the business which resulted in the formation of Huffington Post Canada. The announced today a number of new additions to the editorial team including:
- Ron Nurwisah, news editor, formerly of the National Post
- Daniel Tencer, business editor, formerly of The Mark
- Rachel Mendleson, business writer, formerly of Canadian Business
- Althia Raj, Ottawa Bureau Chief, formerly of Post Media
- Dawn Cuthbertson, associate homepage editor for AOL.ca, formerly of MSN
- Dave Pankew, auto’s editor, formerly of Performance, Auto & Sound Magazine
- Paul Cramp, general manager, male audience, formerly of Post Media.
There are a number of new hires as well including:
- Mathieu Gauvin, Sr. Manager, Ad Operations, formerly of Post Media
- Mark Cavalcante, Ad Operations Lead, formerly of Post Media
- Christine Young, Business Analyst in Ad Ops, formerly of Air Miles
- Jennifer Dandy, Sales Development Manager, formerly of Universal MacCann
- Jen Rowan, Sales Development Manager, formerly of Traffik Group
As new team members have been added, a number of existing employees have also been promoted, Maryse Huet has been promoted to Sales role supporting French Canada. Leanne Gibson who joined back in December will take over Account Management responsibility and Dave Smith takes on the role of manager to the account management team.