Aimed to grow tourism and inspire more people to visit Australia, Tourism Australia recently launched a new app for iPhone and Android-based smartphones. The new apps are part of their global tourism campaign which includes Facebook that currently has 1.5 million fans from around the world.
“There’s Nothing Like Australia” features include:
- Access up to 3,500 photos of destinations, attractions and experiences throughout Australia
- Search by state, city or type of experience or shuffle through images randomly, finding surprise after surprise
- Find the nearest Australian travel specialist wherever they are in the world
- Locate the closest 50 holiday experiences, using the app’s “Near Me Now” function
- Connect easily to Tourism Australia’s website, Australia.com
- Save or share favourite photos and experiences with family and friends via Facebook, Twitter or email
Tourism Australia’s digital marketing team developed the app and originally made it available to its Facebook users in April, which resulted in nearly 20,000 users downloads of the app.
The updated iPhone and Android apps will be officially launched on June 30