Research In Motion Q4 2001 Financial Highlights
- Record BlackBerry® smartphone shipments of 52.3 million grew 43% over fiscal 2010
- Fiscal 2011 revenue grew 33% over fiscal 2010 to $19.9 billion and earnings per share grew 47% over the prior fiscal year to $6.34 per share diluted
- Ongoing investment in PlayBook and QNX-based platform development in Q1 with PlayBook launch date of April 19th
- BlackBerry was the number one selling smartphone brand in the United States(1), Canada(1), Latin America(1) and the UK(2) for calendar 2010
- Share of RIM fell 12% after news of the earnings hit the news due to not meeting Wall Street’s expectation on device shipments which was under by 200,000 units.
“We are pleased to report record shipments and financial performance in fiscal 2011,” said RIM’s Co-CEO Jim Balsillie in a statement. “As we enter fiscal 2012, RIM is in an excellent position to benefit from the continuing convergence of the mobile communications and mobile computing markets. We are laying a strong foundation for RIM’s expanding market opportunity through focused investments and we are extremely excited about our smartphone, tablet and platform roadmaps.”
With the Playbook only weeks away, we should see slightly higher results next quarter.