Our first annual ranking of the most influential people in social media has come to a close. The winners, semi-finalist and full listed of everyone who was nominated is listed below.
Most Influential Male in Social Media
Most Influential Female in Social Media
10 Most Influential Men in Social Media
- Mitch Joel http://www.twistimage.com/blog/
- Cory Doctorow http://www.boingboing.net
- Michael Geist http://www.michaelgeist.ca/
- Darren Barefoot http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/
- Paul Kedrosky http://paul.kedrosky.com/
- Kris Krug http://kriskrug.com
- Ilya Grigorik http://www.igvita.com/
- Mark Evans http://www.markevanstech.com/
- Brett Gaylor http://www.opensourcecinema.com
- Ben Watson http://bitpakkit.blogspot.com/
Most Influential Women in Social Media
- Amber MacArthur http://ambermac.com
- Leesa Barnes http://marketingfit.com/
- Michelle Blanc http://michelleblanc.com
- Miss 604 (Rebecca Bollwitt) http://miss604.com
- Jacqui Murphy http://blog.techcapital.com/
- Rae Hoffman http://www.sugarrae.com/
- Kate Trgovac http://mynameiskate.ca
- April Dunford http://www.rocketwatcher.com/blog
- Adele McAlear http://www.adelemcalear.com
- Shannae Ingleton http://ilovewhatwomenwant.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add the following banner(s) to your site, please include the html code in this file here or link back to this page.
- Nominations for opened for Most Influential Man (here) & Woman (here)
- Voting was then done by the community for here and here and a score of 0 – 3 was given.
- Postrank rang a report on both list to determine their engagement, and a score of 0 – 3 was given.
- A list of semi-finalist was determined based on the highest score of # 2 + # 3 combined.
- Semi-finalist were then asked to submit a list of events they have spoken at where the topic was social media and any events they have helped to organize where the topic of social media was discussed (in whole or part of the event), a score of 0 – 4 was given.
- Finally a adding the score from #4 and #5 was used to determine the winners.
Thanks to the team at Postrank and especially Melanie Baker (melle) for her help with the analysis.