Home » Knowledge Centre
comScore: 2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus
Submitted by Dave Forde on March 6, 2012 – 2:20 pm
comScore released their “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” which looks at demographics, social media, online video, digital advertising, mobile and search here in Canada. Some of the highlights of the report include:
- Canada continues to lead the world in online engagement, with visitors spending an average 45 hours per month online, representing a fertile ground for digital marketers and advertisers.
- While Facebook is nearing a point of visitor saturation in Canada, other social networks’ visitor bases are posting strong growth, including Twitter, LinkedIn and Tumblr. Engagement on many social sites is trending upward, with Facebook driving the large majority of the increase in total minutes and page views for the overall category.
- Online video is becoming an increasingly popular channel, with total videos viewed up 58 percent. YouTube continues to dominate the marketplace, representing nearly 1 in every 2 videos viewed in Canada.
- Display advertising is evolving to be more social, not only with the rise of “socially-published ads” (i.e. those published on social networking sites), but also the increase of “socially-enabled” ads running across the web that direct click-throughs to the brand’s Facebook fan page.
- Smartphone penetration has reached 45 percent in Canada, with daily mobile content usage growing more than 50 percent in several key content categories.
- Video Startup Keek Scores $5.5 million In Equity Financing
- Game On! Virtual Stock Market Site Empire Avenue Secures $1.2 Million In Funding
- "Game On!" As Mattel Canada Searches Your Favourite Mattel Game
- Can Social Media Become The New 911 Emergency Service?
- Bell Media Takes #2 Spot For Most Viewed Videos In Canada, Surpasses Facebook
The following two tabs change content below.
Dave “The Connector” Forde has been involved in the technology industry across Canada for over 10 years in sales and marketing roles, he launched PR In Canada, and on Profectio.
Latest posts by Dave Forde (see all)
- Pizza Nova Hires Gerry Aloise As Director of Marketing - September 2, 2014
- Top Canadian Ad & Marketing Stories For Week Ending August 29, 2014 - September 2, 2014
- Publicis Acquires Advertising Agency Nurun - September 2, 2014