The Facebook Wall has become the most popular place for interaction with the user community, feeds are pulled in, games are shared and comments are made. According to some data from social media monitoring service Reppler, the Facebook wall is also a source for increased use of profanity, 47% of Facebook walls based on their data.
Reppler Facebook Wall Stats:
- 47% of our users have profanity on their Facebook Wall.
- 80% of our users who have profanity on their Facebook Wall have at least one post/comment with profanity from a friend.
- 56% of the posts/comments with profanity on a user’s Facebook Wall come from friends.
- Users are twice as likely to use profanity in a post on their Facebook Wall, versus a comment. Whereas friends are twice as likely to use profanity in a comment on a user’s Facebook Wall, versus a post.
- The most common profane word is derivations of the “f-word”. The second most common profane word is derivations of the word “sh*t”. ”B*tch” is a distant third.
So what is on your Facebook wall that could get you in trouble?