With the paint not quite dry on their new downtown Toronto office, Spafax announced a number of new hires and promotions this week, which brings total of 15 new hires since January of this year, as well the company public relations devision.
On the promotion side is:
- Ilana Weitzman has been promoted to Content Director, Air Canada Media. In this new role, Ilana maintains her title and responsibilities as Editor-in-Chief, Air Canada’s enRoute and assumes responsibility for leading the growing portfolio of multi-platform content initiatives Spafax creates for Air Canada’s other channels, including the premium community of Altitude members.
- Jean-François Légaré was also promoted as Altitude Media Editor. Jean-François brings nine years of experience from editing several leading lifestyle publications.
- Natasha Mekhail (previously Editor, Luxury Brands) has been promoted to Editor-in-Chief, Luxury Brands, reflecting a surge of activity within this area of business.
- John Nagy, previously National Account Manager at Spafax, has been promoted to Manager of National Partnerships. Within his new role at Spafax, John will head up efforts to deliver added value to the company’s partner advertisers. Previously Sales Manager at Chatelaine and National Account Manager in Rogers’ Digital Department, John brings industry-leading expertise to the company.
- National Sales Manager Laura Maurice has been promoted to Media Director, overseeing all Canadian sales initiatives.With 15 years of experience in the Canadian media industry including senior planning roles at Starcom MediaVest Group and McCann Canada, Maurice’s “insider” view provides sharp strategic insight and an innovative, integrated approach.
New hires to Spafax include:
- Adam Cholewa recently joined Air Canada’s enRoute magazine as Art Director. Most recently Associate Art Director at the award-winning weekly magazine The Grid, Cholewa’s experience also includes Maclean’s, Chatelaine and Toro magazines.
- Tracy Miller has been appointed National Sales Manager, overseeing a team of ten Canadian sales representatives. Tracy’s experience as an industry leader as well as a sales manager for major outlets including The Globe & Mail and Toronto Life gives her the perfect credentials for this leadership role.
Spafax is also looking to expand their PR capabilities and has launched a new public relations department headed up by Courtney MacNeil, Director, Brand Alliances, Marketing, and PR, the department will help further amplify the programs of current and new clients reinforcing the need for integrated public relations and marketing programs. The company has also hired Phil Birnbaum as Publicist, overseeing communications for Spafax and will work with the current teams to integrate the PR capabilities into the current client roster. Previously Phil was with Weber Shandwick.