Research In Motion announced the six winners of its BBM Challenge contest, which was designed to partner aspiring young adults with some of today’s top celebrity influencers. Utilizing a variety of social applications for BlackBerry smartphones including of course BBM (BlackBerry Messenger). For the competition, 150 young adults competed in an intense eight-week contest for the opportunity to meet their idols in person. During the competition, the contestants were encouraged to tape into their creative talents pursue their passion in the areas of fashion, music, film, sports, popular culture and entrepreneurship. The contest was centered around the BBM Challenge Council – a group of high achieving celebrity influencers who represent the accomplishments derived from talent, hard work and the spirit to succeed.
The six winners are:
- Theresa Tran of Vancouver, BC will be meeting fashion designer and television personality Whitney Port
- Audrey Morgan of Cherry Hill, NJ will be meeting teenage singing sensation Greyson Chance
- Devon Carlson of Shaunavon, SK will be meeting film and TV actress Michelle Trachtenberg
- Amy Loverin of Walnut, IA will be meeting U.S. Women’s Soccer Goalkeeper Hope Solo
- Tristan Josef of Garden Grove, CA will be meeting celebrity blogger Jared Eng, JustJared.com
- Brittany Hohn of Somerset, NJ will be meeting entrepreneur and “Intern Queen” Lauren Berger